Review of 2016
Holyrood's 8th annual Asset Management conference developed into a forum for everyone looking for valuable insights into the benefits of asset management. By working with a range of corss-sector speakers we were able to offer examples of best practice or how to maximise and develop public sector assets.
We would like to thank everyone who attended and supported this event.
Keynote speakers included
- Bruce Mann, Executive Director, Government Property Unit, Cabinet Office
- Colin Proctor, Asset Management Director, Scottish Futures Trust
- Paul Dodd, Associate Director, Scottish Futures Trust
- Charles Keegan, Head of Land Register Completion, Registers of Scotland
- Laura Calder, Audit Manager - Performance Audit and Best Value, Audit Scotland
- Linda Robertson, IT & Agile Working Consultant
- John Donnelly, General Manager, Project Development, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Andrew Mouat, Principal Officer - Carbon Management, Land and Environmental Services, Glasgow City Council
- Andrew Pollard, Managing Director, Place Partnership
Session One: Improving strategic asset management
The opening session considered some of the major devlopments in asset management in Scotland and beyond, and how strategic use of assets can help deliver policies, increase efficiencies and improve services
Session Two: Knowledge exchange masterclasses
A series of breakout workshop sessions will provide the opportunity to consider specific areas of interest in greater detail.
Session Three: Driving innovation and change using assets
Discussing ideas and experiences, Laura Calder, Audit Manager - Performance Audit and Best Value, Audit Scotland, and Sam Cassels, Associate Director, Scottish Futures Trust, considered the role of assets in driving innovation and change, and explored the conditions for success in realising the opportunities available.
Session four: Innovation and good practice
In our final session, a series of presentations and case studies offered insight into innovation and good practice in asset management.
Delegates from last year included:
- Asset Managers
- Corporate Asset Manager
- Property Asset Manager
- Head of Estates
- Area Maintenance Manager
- Head of Housing
- Estates Officer/Advisor
- Corporate Asset and Capital Manager
- Community Planning
Delegates came from all parts of the public sector: NHS, Local Authorities, Public Bodies, Higher and Further Learning Institutions. There were also representatives from private industry and the voluntary sector.
Many thanks to our sponsors